Friday, February 12, 2010

Love You Forever By: Robert Munsch

Genre: Picture Book
Publisher: Firefly Books
Copyright Date: 1995
Number of Pages: 32
Reading Level: Infant to preschool



Summary:
This book is about a child that is growing up and the love that his mother has for him. At each stage of his life she always sings to him while he is sleeping "I'll Love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." Whether he be an infant or a grown man, she somehow finds a way to sing that to him while rocking him. Eventually she gets old and she can't walk to him anymore but she calls him on the phone and sings her lullaby to him. One evening, she is too old to get out of bed and he sneaks into her room and he cradles her while rocking her back and forth, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my mommy you'll be."

Who would I recommend this book to?
Mothers everywhere!! This is such a sweet book. I think that anyone would be touched by the story.

What problems/conflicts could this book potentially cause?
None

My reaction:
This book reminds me of my mom. I love it, because I love her. I think it is a good representation of how mothers everywhere feel about their kids.

0 comments: