Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Letter (from Frog and Toad are Friends) By: Arnold Lobel


Genre: Picture Book
Publisher: Harpercollins
Copyright Date: 1970
Page Number: 64 (the whole book)
Reading Level: 6-8


Summary:
Frog went over to taods house to find toad sitting on his front porch looking really sad. Frog asked him wh he was sad and toad told him that he was waiting for the mail, but mail never came. Mail time was his sad time. Frog sat with Toad for a while and then had an idea. He went home and wrote Toad a letter and gave it to snail to deliver to Toad. He went back to Toad's house to find Toad taking a nap. He told Toad that he needs to come outside to wait for the mail. But Toad knoew that he wasn't going to get any. After a lot of persuading Frog convinced Toad to come outside to wait for the mail, because he had sent him a letter! So they waited together on the porch. Four days later, the snail delivered the letter! Toad was very happy to have gotten a letter.

Who would benefit from reading this book/ Who would I recommend this book to?
This would be an excellent book to read to children when you are going to teach them about writing a letter. I would recommend this book to anyone who is going to be teaching letter writing!

What conflicts/problems could this book potentially cause:
I see no problems with this book.
My Reaction:
I always liked Frog and Toad books when I was younger. I can recall having a whole stack of them by my bed and I would read them at night. The stories always seemed to be a lot longer than they actually are. But I like this story a lot. It really shows true friendship.

0 comments: